Build governance focused smart contracts with Edgeware
Edgeware aims to solve the scalability problem by adopting a fundamentally different architecture. Edgeware token holders can vote to upgrade the network using on-chain voting, after which nodes automatically download a new version of the runtime. Critical decisions are made on-chain, creating a system with lower coordination overhead and a transparent process for deciding upon improvements.
Develop, design, and experiment with games and game theory while working to promote an infrastructure for game designers and users.
Edgeware aims to connect existing DeFi ecosystems and to facilitate the designing of next-gen cross-chain DeFi protocols through bridges and EVM+WASM compatibility.
Edgeware provides foundations for a network of DAOs that help coordinate and scale the contributions of the community.
In Edgeware, working groups function as mission-based development orgs that are composed of members who share interests, needs, and passions. Where an Ambassador team is largely formed to promote a network in a variety of ways, Working Groups are intended to solve issues specific to a community while also growing community.Learn more about the builders guild
Edgeware is a smart contract blockchain that compiles to a client runtime, a blob of WebAssembly (Wasm) code that may be built and run natively or executed within a Wasm virtual machine. Either way, when an Edgeware native binary is compiled, it includes a Wasm virtual machine which can be used to execute later versions of the client runtime downloaded from the network.
The client runtime interfaces with networking code and other components provided by Parity Substrate. Substrate includes libp2p networking, PBFT consensus, proof-of-stake block validation and finality [substrate]. Ultimately, the client is only responsible for downloading, executing, and validating blocks from the network.
- Nominated Proof of Stake consensus is one of the core pillars of true decentralization of Edgeware.
- Edgeware has the best of both worlds; EVM for compatibility and WASM for performance/efficiency.
- Security via Rust
- Edgeware's core architecture is built on Parity's Substrate and written in Rust proving next-gen security.
- Pallets (Treasury, Identity)
- Edgeware has integrated various modular pallets providing every features one could ask for at every stage.
- Block time
- Scalability is no more a concern with 6 seconds of block generation time and 12-18 seconds of finality in the Edgeware network.
- Weight based transactions
- For Edgeware's weight-based transaction(s) fees are charged before the execution, indirectly reducing the chances of gas wars and also transaction failures.
Get Started on Edgeware
This is your launchpad to find what you need to integrate Edgeware.
Unsure of where to start? Join the Developer Chat
Easily run your own node and start supporting the Edgeware network.
Write Smart Contracts on Edgeware using Ink!
Execute infrastructure through reusable builds and containers.
Bundle core essentials into modules that are easily deployed.
DAPPs developed on Edgeware
Learn more about the latest launched applications
developed on Edgeware ecosystem.
Send and receive messages between blockchain addresses through a simple, email-like interface.
Sublime is a new lending protocol aimed at providing a more diversified and robust lending experience.
Decentralised Synthetic Options & Futures - derivatives trading powered by Substrate.
Jump straight into our developer tutorials and easy to follow documentation.
Want to be a validator and run your own Edgeware node?
Find out the benefits and how easy it is to set it up.